Third Annual University of Minnesota Law School Patent Symposium
On Wednesday, May 21, Briggs and Morgan’s Intellectual Property group and the University of Minnesota Law School co-presented the Third Annual University of Minnesota Law School Patent Symposium, Non-Practicing Entities: Abusive “Patent Trolls” or Free Enterprise Drivers of Innovation? The symposium covered the following topics:
- Do Patent Assertion Entities Help or Hinder Innovation?
- Issues and Trends in State Actions Against NPEs
- Litigation When Sued by a Patent Assertion Entity
- Litigating Against NPEs – In‐House Strategies
- Pending Legislation Aimed at NPEs
Briggs and Morgan’s top-rated intellectual property attorneys can help you maximize the value of your IP and avoid risk. Briggs’ IP lawyers have been recognized by their peers as “Top 40 Intellectual Property” lawyers, Intellectual Property “Super Lawyers,” and Minnesota Attorneys of the Year. As a result, they possess the knowledge and breadth of experience to understand your business and help you achieve your objectives.